Saturday, September 10, 2005

Pre-Trip Posting....

Kinda sounds like I'm planning to OD soon... No fear.... well, at least not of my doing drugs any time soon. Anyway...........

Today we embark on an 8 state, 2 country trip... in excess of 2000 miles--which may explain why I've been obsessing about gas prices. Given that gas prices are up because of Katrina though, I think I'll just shut up & count my blessings.

As we leave, I'm wondering how many species of critter will decide to take up residence in our absence. Haven't seen too many mice lately, but I think I have an explanation for that. Monday I got to see my dear friend the king snake staking his claim in the wall by the water pipes for the washer. Hopefully he will continue to monitor & keep the rodent population in check while we're gone.....

So... we leave today for Virginia. Then it's on to Red Creek, NY and Guelph, ON... back to Red Creek, then to Ocean City, NJ..... I can see the lines on the highway flashing by already!! We have miles to go before we sleep......

Speaking of which, I need a wink or two before we depart. Will try to update occasionally while we're gone... lest I forget what's happening from one day to the next....

Grace & Peace & lots of Love... and if you want to come feed my fishes, see LoroJoro!

No comments: