Friday, October 28, 2005

Who knew?

To continue the saga of wildlife around our place.... (see also turkeys, bugs and birds)

...have noticed lately that the squirrels are getting fat. (See?! ) They must be: they sound like people walking around on our roof. No kidding. They jump from the trees surrounding our place down to our (flat) roof, then race from one end of the house to the other... honest to goodness they really do sound like little kids running around.




The best funny on me was the first year I stayed home from work. I was sitting in the living room, engrossed in a book, when I heard the sound of someone tramping around on our roof. Assuming it was our landlord checking things out, I grabbed a jacket & headed out to the deck to holler up to him & see if he needed access to the house for anything.

Imagine my surprise when all I saw on the roof were two squirrels playing tag. *Sigh*

Back to the book... face a bit red... after all, it's not every day I think someone is tramping around on my roof... and find I've been rousted from said book by a squirrel!!!

No comments: