Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I'm done!

Well, I'm finished reading the book... not done digesting. Will try to put together a cohesive review sometime soon. Am also trying to get the hubby to read the book. =) At this point let me just say:

1. The church & educational circles in which I've swum (been swimming) know precious little of this kind of grace. That being said.....

2. Maybe my parents didn't screw up as badly as I have previously thought.

3. I need to learn more of this grace..... the grace that "is sufficient for thee"--2 Corinthians 12:9, the grace that encourages me to come BOLDLY to the Father's throne--Hebrews 4:12-16, this grace in which I am to stand--Romans 5:2...

So ... here I stand!! =) God is good... to meet us where we are... and to teach us....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Originally published 10/13/05 1:43AM

"Grace-based parenting" changed my entire outlook on my job as a parent! I also had many peer groups in church/family who seemed to want all the grace in the world for themselves, but could NOT apply it to their parenting styles and did not see any need to do so. My relationship with my sons is much healthier now, and I am able to have grace even with myself, which I always had a problem with in the past. I'm glad the LORD instructed me about the power of grace early on!

God Bless!