Monday, August 8, 2005

Speaking of a freakin' wildlife preserve ....

Ever see a fight between an ant & a click beetle?? I have! :-D

The other morning I heard what sounded like something dripping in the sink... or some demented wood-pecker slowly imitating a Chinese water torture device. I checked all the sinks in ear-shot, no drips but still an annoying drip/tap/pop sound every so often. I didn't find the source of the noise until I went to the fridge to refill my water bottle. There, just under the edge of the fridge, was a big black ant, trying to carry away the spoils of his hunt... a half-dead click beetle trapped in a small dust bunny. The ant would grapple with the dust-encased click beetle for a few seconds... finally find the best way to carry him... carry him for a few centimeters... then "CLICK" ... the ant would go flying through the air, then have to start his conquest over again.

Insect farms 'R us........

No comments: