Sunday, July 15, 2007

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicker!

LOL. I have a new appreciation for my great-grandparents. My family used to work the bean fields & cannery in Jersey (back before there were illegal migrant workers to do it). I have new respect for all of 'em. Legals & non. Bean pickin' IS back-breaking work. Between last Saturday and Thursday of this week, hubby and I picked 27 pounds of green beans. O.O Thankfully I have an auntie who loves me, and loves to can veggies... so we are now the proud owners of 17 quarts and 14 pints of green beans.

Beans anyone??? :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Posted 7/15/2007 1:04 AM

YES! if you're offering.

man, what a job!


... cracks me up when people say to throw out all the illegals. HA. As if we Americans are gonna go out there and harvest stuff for the next three months...or get our kids to do it.

there's a neat essay on farming in the latest Credenda Agenda. Remind me to show it to you....
by