Saturday, October 14, 2006

Spam...

OK, so this post has nothing personal to do with any of you... I have an aunt who forwards EVERYTHING that comes to her..... Anyway, thought this was cute (and original).


ODE TO SPAM
By Mary Egidio, Lakeland, FL

I do not want to read your spam.
I do not want it, Sam I Am.

I do not want to read your jokes.
That virus warning? It's a hoax!

Don't send me tests I must complete,
Or cutesy poems that are sweet.

I get enough of spam, I do.
I hate to see it come from you.

Spam offers drugs to make me stronger,
Or make some part of me grow longer.

So, when a joke or tale you see,
Please, please don't hit that forward key.

Instead, why don't you drop a line?
How are your kids? Is your life fine?

How can I pray for you today?
Read a good book or seen a play?

What victories can you report?
I'd love to read it - long or short!

I'll be so glad you didn't spam.
Thank you, thank you, Sam I Am.

Copyright 2006 Mary Egidio.
Permission is granted to send this to others, with attribution, but not for commercial purposes.


Now, isn't that a nice way of putting it??

No comments: