Friday, August 4, 2006

Meh........

People are SO annoying!!

Especially when they don't know the difference between the definitions of hypothetical and rhetorical....

Especially when you find that out after taking every available waking moment in 13 hours to give input on a "hypothetical scenario"....... and then the basic response you get is... well I disagree, but I don't feel like taking the time to explain my position, but it's biblical... so I guess this is just a sticky wicket thing.

WT...????

Do not EVER invite me to respond to a hypothetical scenario, (and then after I do) inform me by way of your own lack of response that you weren't asking a hypothetical question after all, but a rhetorical one. That's what they call it when you ask a question you don't really want anyone else's input on...... or one on which your mind is already cemented in its own opinion... or at least that was the definition of rhetorical when I was in school.



end of rant... I think.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Posted 8/5/2006 11:13 AM

*grimaces*
sorry, dude.... I know you spent a crazy amount of time thinking through all of that.

people won't ever change their views unless they run into different ones ... and it sometimes takes a few runs with the plow to dig up the ground.
Maybe your email was the 'first plowing.'


for what it's worth, *I* agreed w/ ya.

The Savage said...

Posted 8/5/2006 10:12 PM

And I do *so* appreciate that (your agreement). :-)

Fundamentalists just don't like to dialogue with anyone other than those they perceive will agree with them. *ahem* :-D

But to be fair, I did get a really sweet note of apology from the other party. 'Tis all good. And it's not like it ever was her fault I was so torqued from staying up all night....