Thursday, June 29, 2006

They think that they shall be heard for their much speaking....

... yep, that pretty much sums up the business meeting tonight. Since FireDrake made a comment about men talking over-much, or at least talking instead of thinking, I had to look up a quote I wanted to post as a comment to him. Here's the website that I found that quote on, as well as a few quotes I just HAD to post here, in case you don't want to go read the whole list. Most of these are about fools or ignorance, but there's a couple others in there just for fun. Enjoy!! :-D

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" – Voltaire

"Those who speak do not know; those who know do not speak." -- Lao-Tse

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." – Unknown

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either; just leave me the hell alone."

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -- Albert Einstein

"The sum intelligence of the universe is a constant. Unfortunately, the population is increasing." – Unknown

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." -- Douglas Adams

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." -- Moliere (1622-73)

"[University] is the fountain of knowledges, while everyone goes drinking." -- Unknown

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." -- Nicolas Chamfort (c. 1740-94)

"Either a man does something, or he just talks about doing it." -- Unknown

I'm afraid the last 45 minutes of tonight's meeting would fall under the last quote. :-/


*EDIT* Well, OK. The meeting itself wasn't that bad (as far as new & current business went) but the topic of the building fund/building committee came up & made for some long "open discussion" as the meeting was otherwise over. I have a long rant (and actually made a speech) but I'll spare you the pain of reading it just now. Maybe later! heh heh heh *grins evilly*

P.S. If you want a few more quotes about intellect...or lack thereof, check out this site.

No comments: