Saturday, December 27, 2008

42

No, it's not my birthday.

Am officially at 42 weeks today... although we did adjust my due date to the 30th for other reasons. Thinking I'm gonna start announcing the 30th date in earnest to get people (all sweet and well-meaning, of course) off . my . back!!! LOL

Feeling fine. Baby is still "his" ornery kicking squirming self. All is well. Except that I'm trying not to wig out about being "really overdue"!!! (Said in that tone of course!) ;-)

See, BD#1 was born at 41 weeks. BD#2 was born at 41 weeks & 3 days. So, I've been telling myself, wouldn't it be cute if BD#3 was born at 41 weeks and 6 days?? In fact, it would be so cute that I promised myself all along that I wouldn't wig out until I'd past 41&6. Which . was . yesterday.

When I woke up this morning wigging out because I was at a full authentic 42 weeks, it took me a while to figure out that in all of my promising myself that I wouldn't wig out til I past 41&6 (never thinking that I would actually get past it), I must have inadvertently given myself permission to wig out at 42... and I'm at 42. %-)

So now I have to remind myself that the *only* reason I'm wigging out is having spent months telling myself that I wouldn't--at least not until today. There's really nothing to wig out over. I'm feeling great, baby is acting normal. All is well. :-]

Off to try out that new griddle we got for Christmas. Gotta make the Saturday morning pancakes.

4 comments:

simplegifts3 said...

I will be praying for you today, for a safe delivery.

The Savage said...

Thanks Lynn! Fortunately I don't have to go & be induced today. The baby will come when the baby comes. Until then, I guess I have thoughts to take (and keep) captive! :-)

Anonymous said...

I imagine it's an "any minute now" situation--how exciting!

I hope you'll find a moment to post an update!

Curt and Sarah said...

Hey,
I got the link to your blog from a mutual friend (Joy F.) We're expecting our third, too...Christmas Day...enough said about that. We're also planning to have him or her (no ultrasound for us, either) at home without intervention (worked well with #2, so why not go for it again...only this time, we hope the midwife arrives before the infant does). (Sorry, I seem to be addicted to parenthesis today. ...Oh, and ellipsis, too... :)
I just wanted you to know that someone else is in the same metaphorical boat at roughly the same time and is feeling (or rather, not feeling and wishing to feel) your pain.
Praying for a safe delivery for your third tiny dragon. :)
Sarah Gwin