Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We've been privileged to have my hubby's mom here this week. The kids have been enjoying having Memere here to dispense hugs and read stories. I think we got a few pictures of her to prove she actually made it here (usually she successfully dodges the camera ;-)).



She got me back though (at my s-i-l's insistence), so we have a dread "belly shot" to post. Now for the life of me, I don't get what the big deal is. Why on earth do pregnant women everywhere stand in front of full length mirrors & take pictures of themselves?? You still can't see the baby!?! Mom did get a great shot though... me standing on a dining room chair to take an over-head-view picture of the kids latest train-track arrangement.



Unfortunately I don't have access to her camera card at the moment, so you'll have to be content with the shot she took on our camera. Enjoy....... if you dare.


Thanksgiving dinner was a rousing success. Tried out a new pumpkin pie recipe this year. Think pre-cooking the filling, fresh ginger, adding 5 eggs & a cup of heavy cream. :) Gooooooooooood pumpkin pie!! The pecan pie wasn't bad either (if I do say so myself). Those chef guys do know how to make a mean pie and write good instructions! Washed said pies down with awesome Dominican coffee, prepared in a Dominican-style steam percolator, sweetened with Dominican sugar--all imported by the most awesome foodie ever--LJ! Goodness in a cup. Hopefully it wasn't as stout with caffeine as it was with taste--cause it was GOOD strong coffee!

Off to ruminate for a while longer before bedtime.


My apologies for the lack of recipe at the pumpkin pie link. I had picked up a copy of the magazine at a local high-end grocery store during my semi-annual stock-up on dried herbs and spices. One slice of that pie this evening was worth every penny of the newsstand price. Yeah, it was *that* good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that WAS ridiculously good pie, indeed.

almost as good as the green bean casserole. *coughs*

haha

i'm glad we have a great stack of recipes for our mythical restaurant someday....

Anonymous said...

Awww... looks like Memere's visit was wonderful! I tried a new pumpkin recipe too this year.. pumpkin cheesecake. It came out pretty well, if I do say so myself! You look wonderful Melinda, so don't be camera shy. The thing about those belly shots is that misery loves company.. from one very pregnant mama to another, it's good to know I'm not the only one that can't get out of my own way! hehehehehe Luvnchisses from all of us to all of you!