Wednesday, October 1, 2008

How long has it been?

Since you've heard or sung any of these??


He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own, And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known. I come to the garden alone while the dew is still on the roses, and voice I hear, falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses... and He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own... and the joy we share, as we tarry there, none other has ever known.

And Jesus said, Come to the water, stand by my side; I know you are thirsty you won't be denied, I felt every tear drop, when in darkness you cried, and I strove to remind you that for those tears I died.

Shackled by a heavy burden, 'neath a load of guilt and shame, then the hand of Jesus touched me, and now I am no longer the same. (or) Since I met this blessed Saviour, since He cleansed and made me whole, I will never cease to praise him, I'll shout it while eternity rolls:
He touched me, He touched me; and Oh the joy that floods my soul, something happened and now I know, He touched me and made me whole.

What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear, what a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer. Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see.

Just a closer walk with thee, if I falter Lord who cares, none but thee my burden bears, none but thee, dear Lord, none but thee. Just a closer walk with thee, grant it Jesus is my plea, daily walking close with thee, let it be dear Lord, let it be.... I'll be satisfied as long, as I walk, let me walk close to thee.

How can I say thanks for the things you have done for me, things so undeserved, yet you give to prove your love for me, the voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude, all that I am and ever hope to be, I owe it all to thee. To God be the glory, to God be the glory, to God be the glory for the things He has done. With His blood he has saved me, with His power he has raised me, to God be the glory for the things He has done. Just let me live my life, let it be pleasing Lord to thee; and should I gain any praise, let it go to Calvary. With His blood He has saved me, with His power He has raised me... to God be the glory for the things He has done.



I've been listening to a CD of Dino. One of the songs on it is a medley of the songs above, all in one package. :-) You know it's difficult to transcribe words from dusty memories with tears streaming down your face, right?! I learned some of these at home growing up, or in choir during Jr. High (church or school, or both). Either way, Jr. High was a *long* time ago. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly and clearly the words come flooding back when I hear the melodies of songs I once sang regularly. Nothing can lift the soul in quite the same way that music can...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ah, not too long since we've heard some of those. :) Love the oldies but goodies!
Luvnchisses,
Lisa and the gang