Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Eureka.... Grace!!

Some of you may remember a question I posed a few months back, about a definition of grace that I had heard & was questioning.

"Grace is God's enabling power to do His will." Which in some vague, intangible, queasy sort of way sounds like works. (Yes, even to me it sounds weird.)

Well, in the midst of a firestorm I've started over parenting styles with a dear friend--rather, in the process of trying to figure out what she was flaming me for-- I found the following article which reveals the apparent source of this definition... Bill Gothard!! (Don't worry if you haven't heard of him, you're probably not going to hell for it!) Dunno where Gothard got that definition, but I do know the person who I first heard teaching that definition got it from Gothard's materials (or one of his constituent families).

Anyway..... Now that I've found the source (and you can read a bit about it here)... What think ye???

No comments: